Hey, are you looking for how to backup WhatsApp chats then this is the right article for you. If you are using WhatsApp then you must have a backup plan for your old chats. In WhatsApp backup google drive plays the main role here. Google Drive is free to use and this the place where you can backup your chats with no cost.
To backup, your WhatsApp chats is a very good idea because someday you have to change your old smartphone and this time you need your backup. Without backup, you can never get back your old messages.
- Things you need to have before starting the backup process –
- How to backup WhatsApp chats in android?
- How to backup WhatsApp chat on iphone?
- How to transfer WhatsApp backup from Android to iOS?
- How to transfer WhatsApp backup chats from iPhone to android?
- Things to do on your iPhone
- Things to do on your android
Things you need to have before starting the backup process –
- You must have a valid email address on your smartphone
- An active play store account
- A google drive account (For android users)
- An icloud account (For iPhone users)
- A good internet connection
How to backup WhatsApp chats in android?
To backup WhatsApp chats on your smartphone, follow the below steps properly
- Firstly, open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Click on three dots
- Now tap on the settings icon
- After that go to chats and click on the ‘Chat backup’ option.
- Finally, click on backup
And your backup will be downloaded in the google drive.
How to backup WhatsApp chat on iphone?
At first open WhatsApp on your iPhone
Now click on the settings icon at the below right corner
Click on the ‘Chats’ option and then tap on ‘Chat Backup’
Finally click on the ‘Backup now’ option and your backup will start.
You can also select the auto-backup option to enable automatic updates. It will collect your messages by daily, weekly or monthly basis.
How to transfer WhatsApp backup from Android to iOS?
To transfer WhatsApp backup from Android to iOS is officially not possible. WhatsApp does not allow this permission to share any chats. Somehow we have some ideas that will help you to get out of this problem. In this whole process, we are going to use an application called dr. fone which is available on windows and mac both. This is not a free application at all; you need to pay $30, which is a 1-year license for up to 5 devices.
- At first, you will need to download dr. fone-whatsapp transfer application from here
- After downloading the application open install it on your mac or windows
- Now sign in to dr. fone by completing all the required details
- Connect your android phone to your pc with the help of a USB cable and connect your iPhone with a lightning cable.
- After that select the option ‘WhatsApp transfer’ and then select ‘Transfer WhatsApp messages’
- Now you can see two options on your computer screen: one is the source which is your android device and the other is the destination which is an iPhone device.
How to transfer WhatsApp backup chats from iPhone to android?
You can easily transfer WhatsApp backup chats from iPhone to Android with the help of an email id. Follow the below steps properly
Things to do on your iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to the chat
- Open a chat and click on three dots
- Now tap on the More button and click on the option Export chat
- After this choose the mail option and type the mail which is linked to your account
- Repeat the same process in every chat you want the backup of it.
Things to do on your android
- Open the exact email and download the files
- Uninstall the WhatsApp application and reinstall it
- Now log in to WhatsApp and click on restore
- Complete the restoration process and hit on the OK button.
Read More Articles
- How To Share a WhatsApp Group Link
- How To Make WhatsApp Group?
- How To Block A WhatsApp Group?
- How To Delete WhatsApp Group
- What is WhatsApp Web?
- What is A WhatsApp Business Account?
In this article, we discussed how you can backup your WhatsApp chat on android or iOS. On android, the backup process is very easy when compared to the iphone. Google Drive is the best option for android because it makes your job done very easily. iPhone users have iCloud for backup.